Friday, January 2, 2009

January 2nd. Happy Birthday, Mom! I hope that you have a great day. I know that Dad is cooking a turkey for your birthday (that is so sweet!), and that you have friends coming for dinner. Donna and Ken I think? I with I could be there with you today to sing with you and hug you and make you smile a bit. I hope you still remember me when I see you again. You are so special to me, and I miss you terribly. I did talk to you a bit today, as we were in port and had a good internet connection, for the first time in a while. Good timing. I love you. I hope that you are awesome!
Make a snowball for us while you have snow! We will try to soak up some sunshine for you while we are here in Puerto Vallarta. It is hot here right now - about 30 degrees C or so, maybe hotter. You sweat just walking it is so hot. The boys are fine and will sing happy birthday to you later!
The Spanish lessons are going well. They are real-life lessons that we get when we attempt to talk to the local people here. It is an excellent experience. Shandro and Matero already integrate the Spanish language into their vocabulary. Matero asked me this morning for his zapatos, and it took me a few minutes to remember that zapatos means shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment